Reasons to Join SOILS 2017 at Bintulu, Sarawak
Sarawak, Malaysia's largest State on the island of Borneo, is centrally located in Asia and is connected through major and budget airlines via the main hubs of Kuala Lumpur. Bintulu town is a coastal town located in the Bintulu District of Sarawak, Malaysia covering an area of 7,220.4 square kilometres. It is only a short journey away to experience the magic of Sarawak at Bintulu.
- A multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, multi-religious community reflecting the people living in harmony and celebrating strength in diversity,
- A politically, economically and socially stable environment.
- A unique “Venue with A Difference” combining exotic eco-tourism destination with modern technology and infrastructure, set amidst the second oldest rainforest in the world such as Similajau National Park, Niah National Park, and Lambir Hill National Park.
- A host of Asian and Western cuisine choices with both halal and vegetarian foods available and the best place for fresh seafood lovers.
- Discovering Sarawak is like stumbling on another little world hidden within the amazing diversity of Malaysia's formidable appeal based on all things “Truly Asian”.
- Strong support from the State with Central government and convention bureau in the form of a conference marketing package to increase delegate numbers.
- Outstanding value-for-money in accommodation and conference venues within Asia.
- Bintulu is becoming increasingly popular as an international and regional meetings destination.
- Geographically located between Kuching, Sarawak (215 km), Kota Kinabalu, Sabah (450 km) and only 335 km to Brunei Darussalam.