The Malaysian Society of Soil Science (MSSS) and Universiti Putra Malaysia Bintulu Sarawak Campus (UPMKB) will jointly organize the International Conference on Sustainable Soil Management (SOILS 2017) at Bintulu, Sarawak MALAYSIA.
Soil is one of nature’s most valuable resources and no doubt it provides vital and inevitable services including food production, conducive climate, biodiversity, water, nutrients, and waste management into perpetuity.
Continued understanding of the nature and properties of soil, with the primary aim of managing it responsibly, will guarantee its ever indisputable usefulness and services to mankind. Soil as any natural resource, is prone to mismanagement. Thus, multidisciplinary research in soil science and related fields is essential and cannot be over emphasized.
With this approach, useful knowledge on almost all aspects of sustaining soil and related ecosystems for posterity could be ensured. Therefore, the (SOILS 2017) with the theme ‘Quality Soil Drives Productivity’ will provide a platform for academicians, researchers, industries, institutions, agencies, and organizations to have discussions on advances in responsible soil use and management.
- To share knowledge on responsible soil use for sustainable crop production without degrading the quality of the environment.
- To share recent information on soils and appropriate technologies vis a vis sustainable crop production.
- To provide future direction for organized activities on soils.
- To promote interdisciplinary and inter-organization networking or collaboration towards achieving sustainable soil management and crop production.
Scopes of Conference
- Soil Genesis and Classification
- Soil Physics and Conversation
- Soil Fertility and Nutrient Management
- Soil Health and Microbes
- Management of Plantation Soils
- Management of Peat and other Wetland Soils
- Biofertilizer and Biochar Utilization for Land Improvement
Prof. Dr. Ahmed R. Mermut
Dr. JoungDu Shin
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Siva Kumar Balasundram